Wednesday 3 September 2014

Skincare: Soap & Glory™ Greatest Scrub Of All & Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Cleansing Gel


Hi!

My current TOP 2 facial cleansing products definitely worth your attention are:

  • Soap & Glory™ Greatest Scrub Of All  


  • Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Cleansing Gel


 I have been using them on myself for over 4 weeks, to give you a proper review of those products and the long term effect on my skin.

Lets start with Palmers Daily Cleansing Gel for Sensitive Skin.



Description: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Facial Daily Cleansing Gel is a light gentle gel cleanser that lathers to remove impurities, oil and make-up without drying out or irritating sensitive skin.
Whilst Cocoa Butter and Milk Proteins keep skin soft and toned, Aloe Vera and Evening Primrose extracts calm and soothe sensitive skin. Fragrance Free. Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin. 

It comes in a 150ml bottle with useful pump which makes it so much easier for dosing, I usually use a half or one pump to wash my whole face. It's not too sticky or too runny, just a perfect gel consistency. Also it is Fragrance free and I must admit it just does not smell of anything in particular, it's not unpleasant either. I do have a soft spot for a nice fragrance, however with this product it's lack of smell did not really effect me too much. Once applied to wet skin it does not create any foam, no annoying bubbles over the mouth, also it's not creamy (I am not a very big fan of overly creamy face wash products - one of them for example is Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Cream Wash ). It removes the oiliness and dirt very quickly, does not irritate and is very delicate. My skin feels fresh, clean and nicely moisturized, I would be even able to skip a face cream some nights. It's ideal to use in the morning to give you a nice delicate start for your skin. I usually prefer citrus scented face wash in the morning to give me that additional energy boost to wake up even more, but that's again my personal fragrance preference ;) 
To sum up: After over a month of daily use I still have 2/3 of the product left - which makes it very efficient and for the price of around £6.00 - affordable.
Very nice and pure product, if you want to keep it natural definitely go for it, it will 
gently do it's job without any "special effects" that some other products may offer which can also irritate your skin. I like the natural approach to ingredients as well, it is just what Palmer's is all about.

Now time for Soap & Glory™ Greatest Scrub Of All




Description: Contains a blend of super gentle silicami partcles and salicylic acid-loaded scrub beads, so the more you scrub, the more you smooth.

Like a DIY microdermabrasion. It’s a scrub formulated to leave even the most exhausted face looking fresh.

Ingredients: 125ml: Aqua (Water), Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Solum Diatomeae (Diatomaceous Earth), Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Mannitol, Xanthan Gum, Parfum (Fragrance), Cellulose, Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Nitrate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 16035 (Red 40), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Again this product comes in a 150 ml "squeeze" bottle, which is quite easy to hold and to open (I hate very solid caps which make me use my teeth in a face washing routine *blah*).
The smell is very pleasant, not too intense, also not "chemical" or artificial. 
The texture - I don't mind solid scrubs which can be quite rough on my skin, after all that is what the scrub is for - to exfoliate and get rid of the dead skin cells, however this one is made of super tiny, gentle beads made with acids essential to speed up skin restoration. 
A pea size splodge is just enough, applied to damp skin and massaged in circular motion it feels like you are literally polishing your skin to perfection. And it feels smooth, fresh and spotless clean.
As it is a scrub after all, I always apply my usual moisturizing cream afterwards (currently Nivea Light Moisturizing Day Cream with Vitamin E and Hydra IQ - the blue one). 
After 4 weeks of using it 4 or 5 times a week (as my skin tends to go more oily during the summer) I noticed that all small imperfections disappeared, my skin gained that healthy natural glow, is a lot smoother and re-gained it's flexibility and I am loving it!!! I still have a lot of product left, probably another two months easily :) I bought mine at Boots for around £6.95 on offer, normal price is £9.00 but sooo worth every penny! I think I will be going back to this scrub again and again!

 


2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to try these products. I am currently using the Neutrogena visisbly clear pink grapefruit cream wash and I must admit I also don't like creamy face washes. These sound really great so gonna try them!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth trying Zinélle, let me know what you think :)

      Delete